We are seeking a self-motivated Despatcher to join our team at Nexans NZ. This role would be based at our new site on McTeigue Road in Halswell, Christchurch.
Nexans New Zealand Limited is a global company and one of the largest manufacturers of cables and cabling solutions in the world. Core to the success of Nexans’ is their delivery of exceptional customer service and superior products, along with their strong commitment to Health, Safety, Wellbeing and the Environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- General warehouse duties such as picking & packing
- Use of a forklift to load and unload trucks
- Computer work & record keeping
- Meeting internal & external compliance standards
To be successful in this fast-paced environment, you will:
- Have a sound understanding of health and safety systems and processes
- Hold a valid forklift license
- Be able to read, interpret and apply job instructions
- Be reliable, hardworking and committed
- Can cope under pressure in a busy but friendly team environment
- Have solid computer skills including experience using computerised inventory control in a warehouse environment. Experience in using SAP is preferable but not crucial
This could be your opportunity to work for an innovative company, join a high performing team and continue to bring ‘energy to life’. Apply now online by submitting your CV, Cover letter and Application for Employment form.
For more information on Nexans New Zealand Limited, go to www.nexans.co.nz. For a confidential discussion about this role call the recruitment team at Baker Tilly Staples Rodway on 06 757 3155.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 14 February 2020