Are you a keen problem solver with a broad range of instrumentation, electrical and control systems experience, or an Electrical Engineer with work history within operating organisations?
Playing a pivotal role in the New Zealand energy market, Liquigas is New Zealand’s leader in storage, distribution and trading of Bulk LPG. A company at the top of its game based on the success and commitment of their people. Liquigas is managed and operated by a small team of high performing individuals with a focus on health and safety, environmental care, continuous improvement and working respectfully together.
Based in New Plymouth with depots at Port Taranaki, Auckland, Christchurch and Dunedin, Liquigas have an absolute commitment to Health and Safety and delivery of service. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be a key team member, responsible for ensuring the reliability and integrity of instrumentation, electrical and control system assets across the facilities.
The Job Opportunity
Liquigas are seeking an experienced Instrument and Electrical Engineer to be responsible for oversight of all instrumentation, electrical and control systems across the facilities. Based in New Plymouth and reporting to the Engineering Manager you will ensure compliance with instrument and electrical legislation, define maintenance requirements, provide technical support, establish budgets and implement discipline related projects across the organisation.
Being part of the Engineering team with a broad range of responsibilities you will work closely with Operation/Maintenance teams and with consulting organisations to deliver safe, reliable, cost effective outcomes. You will also have a keen ability to solve problems, assist with fault-finding, work with a diverse range of personalities and maintain professional and positive relationships at all times.
What do you need to be successful?
- A Degree level qualification in Engineering or broad experience in all aspects of instrumentation electrical and control systems, preferably with oil & gas experience
- 5 -10+ years’ solid work experience preferably from an operating company
- Expert knowledge of repair and maintenance of instrumentation, electrical and control system equipment
- Ability to think outside the square and develop innovative yet practical solutions to engineering problems
- Able to confidently multitask and work across multiple projects
- Expert understanding of the regulations, codes and standards that govern this discipline of engineering
- A strong understanding of Health and Safety systems, procedures and legislation specific to the energy industry
- Proven ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication with developed IT skills
To find out more about this opportunity download a copy of the position description or call the Baker Tilly Staples Rodway Recruitment Team on 06 757 3155 to discuss the role in confidence.
Applications close 6 March 2020